Want mixer shower but Heating Controller is far downstairs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm redoing the bathroom upstairs and am thinking of having a mixer shower instead of an electric shower but the (Wikes RWB2E.cw) heating controller to turn the hot water on is downstairs in a cupboard.

Can I get a Heating Controller that also has second wireless (or wired) controller that I can locate outside the bathroom?

...Thanks...

Sponsored Links
I'm confused.

Your controller indicates that you have a cylinder that stores hot water. You don't need to turn the water on before you have a shower, as you will be drawing off water that has been pre-heated by your boiler, and is being stored in your cylinder. Just turn the shower mixer tap on, as if you were using a hot tap.

If you get a mixer tap, and you have a gravity fed system (ie. tanks in loft), make sure that the mixer is suitable for low pressure gravity systems. You will need to know your head of water (pressure). Measure the height difference between the bottom of your cold storage loft tank and the shower head. Then get a mixer suitable for your measurement.

If your head of water is too low, you may need to boost the shower with a pump.

Thanks for the response the shower I am considering is the Trevi Boost Venturi.

Theres more than myself in the house and the hot water is turned on when needed, also I personally dont have showers at set times so my concern is that the water won't be always hot. So thats the reason I wanted to be able to control the hot water from outside bathroom. Is there a way to know what temperature the water in the cylinder is?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back