Want to Be the next James Dyson ?

I am aware of the amount of innovation and research that goes into Dyson products, I have own 2 dyson vacs, and I have to say they were both rubbish! (no loss of suction... my 'arris)

Its more the loss of parts as bits tend to drop off and don't fit back on.

I've only noticed a loss of suction once, and that was after I'd tried to vacuum some small bits of rubble (don't ask!) which, of course, got stuck in the pipe. This was easily dismantled (another design advantage), the rubbish removed and the (powerful) suction restored. Is it possible that you forgot to clean the filters? :LOL:

I have no experience of 'bits dropping off'. Perhaps I've just been lucky. Which bit fell off, and why wouldn't it fit back on again?

Btw, I should mention that I am not a Dyson employee!

it was several years ago, but seem to remember the drive belt kept snapping. Had it replaced by Dyson under warranty and then replaced it twice myself.

Recently have come across several problems whilst using customers' Dysons :- Split pipes, Cable storage hooks broken, rubber bumpers come away, The mechanism that holds the pipe in place when stored in the body not working, or so tight it won't come out.

Got a miele cat & dog now which is noisy but powerful. For work, I'm still using a twenty year old Henry with no bag - still sucks up nails, screws and wet cement :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Is it possible that you forgot to clean the filters? :LOL:

Well herein lies the lie, when the filter starts getting blocked, which is immediately after it's been cleaned, the airflow must be gradually diminished, hence loss of suction.

My dyson, was no better than a machine a 5th of it's price, was cumbersome and burnt one motor out ( replaced FOC) before gradually falling to bits. Waste of money.

I use a dyson in the workshop and its gets a lot of abuse. Never any problems.

A henry uses a bag so wouldn't touch it. They also fit a massive uneconomical motor to make up for bad design.
Dyson took the cyclonic idea from commercial systems so he was immiediately on to a winner.
Hoover paid him 5 million and probably lost tens of millions in lost sales.

Sponsored Links
Is it possible that you forgot to clean the filters? :LOL:

Well herein lies the lie, when the filter starts getting blocked, which is immediately after it's been cleaned, the airflow must be gradually diminished, hence loss of suction.

Actually, I often forget to clean my filters. In fact, I can't honestly remember whether it's three months or six. Nevertheless, I haven't noticed any loss of suction.

it was several years ago, but seem to remember the drive belt kept snapping. Had it replaced by Dyson under warranty and then replaced it twice myself.

Recently have come across several problems whilst using customers' Dysons :- Split pipes, Cable storage hooks broken, rubber bumpers come away, The mechanism that holds the pipe in place when stored in the body not working, or so tight it won't come out.

Ah, I think I see the problem.

You should try to be less heavy-handed. :LOL:

That's apart from all the broken ornaments, paint on the carpet, smashed windows etc etc :)

This thread has got silly again.
Certainly not constructive as I had hoped but have come to expect from DIY contributors
I sign out yet again.
Dyson just found a use for cyclones and balls . His genius was to persuade people to want to see their detritus swirling round a perspex cannister :mrgreen:

This thread has got silly again.
Certainly not constructive as I had hoped but have come to expect from DIY contributors
I sign out yet again.
Dyson just found a use for cyclones and balls . His genius was to persuade people to want to see their detritus swirling round a perspex cannister :mrgreen:

Seriously, I believe that that feature was an attraction to some people who bought them. He could, of course, have made the cylinder opaque but there is a certain interest in seeing how the machine is working.

And, yes, I suppose the main reason for making the dirt visible is so you can see when it is full!

Sponsored Links
Back