Want to feel sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Can't compare a country and a continent!"

You seem to be the one doing it mate.

Sponsored Links
As an aside - had I witnessed the trauma that the child in the OP suffered, I suspect that I too would have beaten the crap out of the animal that was supposed to be looking after the child.

Africa = Unspeakable savagery

True. They cut womens breasts off with meat cleavers so their babies then die.
Its the land of savagery. Its the land of the Neanderthal black man who seems to only have learned to walk upright a few years ago.

What, all 1,000,000,000 of "them"?

Meanwhile we "the civilised west" continue to find news ways to be less savage.

Cluster bombs, nuclear weapons, fuel/air explosives, napalm, depleted uranium munitions, chemical weapons, biological weapons, landmines, phosphorus bombs, dum-dum bullets, agent orange.

None of which excuses the appalling behaviour of any individual towards any other individual.

And nothing excuses FGM

But you've managed to brand the father of the child as an abuser with no basis in fact at all other than - he's from the African continent

Presumably you're happy that he might think that you're a sheep sh*gger as you come from the west of England and you all abuse sheep down there don't you?

Sponsored Links
Meanwhile we "the civilised west" continue to find news ways to be less savage.

Cluster bombs, nuclear weapons, fuel/air explosives, napalm, depleted uranium munitions, chemical weapons, biological weapons, landmines, phosphorus bombs, dum-dum bullets, agent orange.

Weapons don't kill people, people kill people.

(Someone famous once said that, but I can't remember who it was. It might have been James Bond.)

Weapons don't kill people, people kill people.

1) Pretty sure is wasn't James Bond!

2) I think the phrase needs to be updated - how about

Weapons don't kill people, people with weapons kill people ?

And it's far to say that we've found some very creative ways to annihilate and maim our fellow humans

Newboy, I'm sure that no one on here condones violence towards children, specially by adults (and believe me kids can be just as violent towards each other) I think others are just making the point that in some of these African countries, people just aren't educated (at least not the way we're educated here in the UK ) ;) ;)

I'm pretty sure that's not the point that "others" on here are making but thanks for the condescending pat on the head!

You believe that we're more educated because adults don't hurt children in the UK or that we've found more sophisticated ways of hurting each other.

I've seen, first hand, some of the appalling behaviour that the human race is capable of and accept that some areas of the world have a more brutal way of life. What I don't accept are sweeping statements condemning over a billion people.

Newboy = That Bloke, banned a couple of years ago.

Always preaches from the moral high ground. In fact he is so high up he can't see the reality of life for the thick cloud and smog.

Been on this forum, unchanged since Jan 2005 and not subject to a ban.

So you seem to have decided you know a lot about me without actually knowing a thing.

Do you support the following posts?

Perhaps the father of the girl in video was peeved, as he may see it as his job to abuse his own child. Meaning that he probably has her booked in for a bit of FGM..

Its the land of the Neanderthal black man who seems to only have learned to walk upright a few years ago.

By the way - I suspect that I've seen more of the world and met more people from different countries than you've had hot dinners.

If you think I'm out of touch with the real world then I can assure you I've seen a lot of it and some of it's great and some of it stinks!

But feel free to sit at your keyboard and fire off unfounded and inaccurate barbs.

Presumably you're happy that he might think that you're a sheep sh*gger as you come from the west of England and you all abuse sheep down there don't you?

Considering you purport to have seen the world, you don't even know that it's the Welsh that are portrayed as sheep worriers. :LOL: In the West Country, we are ribbed for being carrot-crunchers. Are you sure that you're as worldly-wise as you say. You also imagine that The UK is as dangerous as the African continent. :LOL:

However, not seeing things in a lefty-liberal way that you obviously do, I, and most other CCs, take it in good humour. Although I can see that there must be some members of the metropolitan intelligencia and their parasitic lawyer mates who will take it upon themselves to be offended on our behalves.

And again a whole pile of incorrect assumptions based on no facts at all!

Trust me, I'm well aware of the relative dangers of various countries and the UK doesn't even figure on the scale of dodgy places to live in or visit.

I'm not sure that disagreeing with you about your view of a billion people is either left-wing or liberal and trust me, you couldn't be further from the truth about metropolitan or intelligent!

We do however share a common loathing of parasitic lawyers (especially the bleeding heart liberal 'Human Rights Brigade"

Don't get me wrong - there are parts of Africa I would never go to/back to equally there are some good bits as well.

Out of interest, (genuine question) what's your theory about why some parts of the world revolve around violence and corruption and other parts have managed to put in place a veneer of civilisation?

e.g. Nigeria - should be a relatively prosperous country if over the years it hadn't had to suffer the delights of the likes of Sani Abacha (assuming that what we believe we know about him is true!)

Don't get me wrong - there are parts of Africa I would never go to/back to equally there are some good bits as well.

Out of interest, (genuine question) what's your theory about why some parts of the world revolve around violence and corruption and other parts have managed to put in place a veneer of civilisation?

e.g. Nigeria - should be a relatively prosperous country if over the years it hadn't had to suffer the delights of the likes of Sani Abacha (assuming that what we believe we know about him is true!)

Here's a few stabs:

- general lack of education, so lack of anything above subsistence employment for most;
- corrupt governments / dictators, who siphon off (usually, natural resource wealth). Often helped by greedier "Western" organisations or governments;
(it's generally a quicker fix to dig / drill for something, than to invest in the factories, roads, offices etc that create better employment prospects; not to mention the schools and universities, and healthcare, to look after the prospective employees;
- due to corrupt governance, lack of investment in infrastructure and productive capital, meaning poor general standard of living;
- due to corrupt governance, lack of stable and "just" society, which disincentivises honest entrepreneurial spirit; this means that black market and criminal gangs are the easiest ways to drag oneself out of subsistence existence;
- subjugation of women, rendering half of the potential earning capacity off-limits;
- poor general conditions, corruption, lack of education etc, disincentivises both home-grown and foreign investment.

Installing a "democratic" and benevolent government might seem like a good solution, but this would take generations of investment and fortitude (as the current population wouldn't know any better, and you'd "upset" a whole tier of the corrupt and the criminal).

Just first guesses....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back