More pathetic sentencing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder just how bad the crime needs to be for our 'esteemed' legal system to pass whole life tariffs. Worse than these evidently ...

Child killer jailed for 25 years for murdering girlfriend's son Kyrell Matthews | Daily Mail Online

Traveller brothers who robbed two pensioners, 87 and 88, before beating them to death are jailed | Daily Mail Online

Two thugs are jailed for a total of 66 years after murdering father-of-two psychiatrist | Daily Mail Online

I've said it before, I'll say it again. We p1ss enough £££ down the drain in this country on wasted initiatives and projects. Why not put our taxes to half decent use for once and build a few WLT (Whole Life Tariff) prisons for scum like this.

To me, there are people that have a right to enter the prison system and expect to receive rehabilitation services. And yes, there are people who should never be sent to prison in the first place.

However for some, the possibility of rehabilitation and the possibility of parole shouldn't be on the table.

REMEMBER THE VICTIMS

And no, I don't believe in capital punishment, for a number of reasons too lengthy to go into here.

Sponsored Links
They should have been taken out a week after being found guilty
Made to kneel down and dispatched with one in the back of the head

tests carried out prior to being disoatched to see if they had any thing useful that could help people in organ transplants

They should have been taken out a week after being found guilty
Made to kneel down and dispatched with one in the back of the head

tests carried out prior to being disoatched to see if they had any thing useful that could help people in organ transplants
And every time there's a death penalty some innocents get killed.

Sponsored Links
And every time there's a death penalty some innocents get killed.

er not if I was in charge

only the guilty would be bumped off and the list would start as follows with the following 100% guilty persons

1 the bloke who stabbed Joe cox

2 the bloke who stabbed that Amis

3 the bloke who tortured raped and killed that little 6 year old girl in Scotland

guilty as charged ;) out the back and dispatched f*** there human rights ;)

and for good measure I will include that bloke who threw that little French boy off of that roof

Personally, I think it's enuff to smack their arses with a rolled up copy of "The Sun" newspaper.

The textbook answer is there's multiple reasons to lock people up.

Prevent them repeating the crime
Punishment
Deterrence

Boosting the sentence from 25 years to whole life for murder won't make any serious difference to deterrence. It probably won't make much difference to prevention of repeating the offense, but maybe. Punishment is the only thing that's unarguably more significant, but I don't want to pay 80k a year for some 80 year old to have a ****ty bed and breakfast place.

And for those who cannot think for themselves . . . . When faced with the reality of a death sentence, most murder perpetrators will want to get rid of the witness's.

Sponsored Links
Back