More pathetic sentencing

Sponsored Links
The textbook answer is there's multiple reasons to lock people up.

Prevent them repeating the crime
Punishment
Deterrence

Boosting the sentence from 25 years to whole life for murder won't make any serious difference to deterrence. It probably won't make much difference to prevention of repeating the offense, but maybe. Punishment is the only thing that's unarguably more significant, but I don't want to pay 80k a year for some 80 year old to have a ****ty bed and breakfast place.

"deterence" I doubt most murderers are thinking about that when they are ready to go.

transams' all in for murder.

hmmm call it what you will

Transam is for retribution

you kidnap a 6 year old child and than subject that little girl to torture and sexual assault before killing her as that child begged not to be hurt

begged for her mummy and daddy

than afai am concerned that person would stop breathing ;)

Sponsored Links
Deterrents :confused:

Retribution is the order of the day ;)

you want to pick up a 6 year old child and throw him off a roof

than rest assured you will pay the ultimate price for it and good riddance to bad rubbish ;)

The textbook answer is there's multiple reasons to lock people up.

Prevent them repeating the crime
Punishment
Deterrence

Boosting the sentence from 25 years to whole life for murder won't make any serious difference to deterrence. It probably won't make much difference to prevention of repeating the offense, but maybe. Punishment is the only thing that's unarguably more significant, but I don't want to pay 80k a year for some 80 year old to have a ****ty bed and breakfast place.
This line gets trotted out by those who oppose longer sentencing, not saying that's you, just stating the fact. To me, it's almost irrelevant if it makes no difference to offending rates. It should be as simple as this, for certain crimes, the automatic sentence if found guilty should be a whole life tariff. Take the child killer linked to in my opening post. No doubt he didn't get a whole life tariff because his defence were probably able to prove the little boy didn't die instantly through any of the blows struck. So in theory he could be free at 53 to life the rest of his life. Meanwhile the little innocent boy he reigned down terror on had the rest of his life wiped out.

I said earlier in this thread, of course there are criminals who deserve to be freed after x years, those who've committed lesser crimes. So yes, those people should of course go through rehabilitation when serving their sentence. I also said some people that have committed very low level crime very likely shouldn't be locked up at all. So I'm far from being a 'lock 'em up and throw away the key' type of person ...

... except when it comes to people like those linked to in my opening post.

I'm not in favour of capital punishment, for those who are guilty it's an easy way out in my eyes. Let them live the rest of their lives locked up. I'd happily have some of my taxes going to that.

I was shocked to hear the home secretary say that Britain's prison population has been ballooning for the past ten years. My God, has the world gone mad? Those people are there to be punished, not to be given 'thrill of a lifetime' experiences that most law abiding people can only dream of.

It's murder. And probably encouraging even more murder.....

No other word for it. You are as bad as them.

ok noseall :ROFLMAO:

Doubt you would think the same if your 6 year old was kidnapped
Tortured
Raped
And killed

but hey ho you concern yer self with the rights of the perpetrator
As obviously you find that important

detterent ???

Retribution;);):cool:

Last edited:
The Death Penalty has issues.

Such as convicting the wrong person through incompetence, or corruption.
Faced with the DP, a criminal may eradicate all witnesses and kill those who try to capture them.

Juries are known to refuse to find a person guilty if the DP is on the menu.

Every time you kill an innocent person (or jail them) you also allow the real killer to remain free

The Death Penalty has issues.

Such as convicting the wrong person through incompetence, or corruption.
Faced with the DP, a criminal may eradicate all witnesses and kill those who try to capture them.

Juries are known to refuse to find a person guilty if the DP is on the menu.

Every time you kill an innocent person (or jail them) you also allow the real killer to remain free

Great post.

How about convicting the right person ???

is there any doubt what so ever who killed Joe cox ????

or killed David Amiss ???

it killed that little girl in Scotland ???

it threw that little French boy off of the roof

Or those who beheaded that soldier
Answer No

there is no doubt as to there guilt

so let’s deal with the people where there is no doubt

videos
Crime committed in public multiple witnesses

simples

ok noseall :ROFLMAO:

Doubt you would think the same if your 6 year old was kidnapped
Tortured
Raped
And killed

but hey ho you concern yer self with the rights of the perpetrator
As obviously you find that important

detterent ???

Retribution;);):cool:
Your make a good religious fruit cake with that 'eye for an eye' attitude.

although his attitude is clearly unchristian.

Sponsored Links
Back