want to make pool table light temporary

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a pool table light for my garage, but i want to be able to take it down in winter so i can still get my car in. I'm planning to wire it up to a switch on the wall, but is there a way to add a connector to the cable so it can be plugged/unplugged to allow me to take it down?

Sponsored Links
MKK2757.JPG
MK646.JPG

fantastic, what a great invention...........i assumed there may have been something like the waterproof connectors you get for garden equipment only I couldnt find anything from searching the web. Or can i just use the garden connectors? i dont really want a socket in the roof of my ceiling.

Sponsored Links
that looks a bit better thanks. Im also assuming its not a wise idea to have a socket normally found at floor level coming off a lighting circuit?

A 13A connector might imply that any appliance could be plugged into it, of course if it's fed from the lighting circuit, this is not the case. If there is any chance of this happening, then you would be better using these

Plug, are you talking about the socket/plug combo or the detachable light socket?

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't sufficiently clear. I was referring to 13A plug and socket. The plug in ceiling rose is a perfectly valid option.

ah! i understand. the ceiling rose thing looks like the best plan

god, its only your garage! most people aren't too concerned what the electrics look like!

Dont you put the car in the garage in summer? This must be complicated when you tell the insurance where you park your car overnight, having to change the policy every 6 months . . . . :rolleyes:

defo going for the klik system, thanks guys. Mr Crafty, with that many posts, you need to get out a bit more often....

MATHIB said:
Mr Crafty, with that many posts, you need to get out a bit more often....

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously, don't go out, otherwise I will have to answer all the 'clueless poster with gone wrong switch' questions :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back