Want to replace programmer to time the water indepenendantly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've recently had my old condemned boiler replaced with a Bosch Worcester Greenstar 18Ri and kept all the original controls (TRV's, Room Stat, Cylinder Stat and Programmer).

I've always disliked the versatility of the setup. Programmer is a Potterton EP2002 that was installed with the original Potterton boiler. My main gripe is that I cant program the water to be heated at different times to the heating. Not an issue during summer as I don't have the heating on but during the winter I don't want the water heated as long as the central heating etc.

I'd like to change the setup to one that I can program the water and heating independently.

1)Is it a simple case of replacing the programmer with a more versatile one or do I need to alter other aspects of the heating setup?

2)If so can I do it with the current wiring to the programmer available (See pic)?

//media.diynot.com/220000_219978_79544_27914320_thumb.jpg

3)What programmer would you recommend? Ideally I'd also like a 7 day programmer as opposed to the 5/2.

Thanks

Russ

Sponsored Links
Replace with the latest Potterton EP version of your programmer for ease of fitting. A different model will require a rewire to the new baseplate.

Sponsored Links
POTTERTON EP2 PROGRAMMER this is the direct replacement and fits on to baseplate also has independent heating and water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back