Want to replace this plug, what shall i order?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wire snapped on this plug for a leg massager, what plug would be a good replacement? I searched on Amazon but not sure
20230522_083403.jpg
20230522_083328.jpg
20230522_083727.jpg

Sponsored Links
Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
There is no shortage of dangerous goods on Aliba, Amazon and Ebay.
Best we all buy from you. That's the safest. Anti-competitive behaviour is always disguised by this or that threat. This is also what causes death of innovation and a society going to the dumps.

You talk as if you didn't know.

Beware illegal Christmas lights sold at AliExpress, Amazon, eBay and Wish​

Electric shocks, fire risks and dodgy plugs are just some of the problems we found testing Christmas tree lights from online marketplaces

You talk as if you didn't know.
I didn't. I only watch youtube. If everything is so dangerous, why hasn't this country burnt down? Most people would have bought the "unsafe" products. I bought plenty of power adaptors from china.

There are some perfectly fine and cheap products that can be bought directly from China; they may also fully comply with our standards.

But there are also products that are blatent scams - they are made as cheaply as possible, with little regard for standards, compliance and safety.
From the exterior, it is difficult to tell the fake products apart from the original.

Here are a couple of photos from an incident report I wrote for my organisation...

1684759567080.png

1684759604540.png

1684759659668.png

This was a fake 'Apple' USB charger - there was far too little electrical insulation between the ELV output and the mains, resulting in 230V being sent down the USB cable and a large 'BANG', when it touched the earthed metal optical bench.
Luckily, no one was injured.

Sometimes, bargains really are too good to be true!

I didn't. I only watch youtube
And here's just one example for your YouTube fix :) ...

But, you want to blame it on china.
And where did I blame China?

My qualm is with fake products and the direct from China imports available through the like of AliExpress and eBay, that don't conform to the relevant safety standards.

My qualm is with fake products and the direct from China imports available through the like of AliExpress and eBay, that don't conform to the relevant safety standards.
I don't buy fake. I only go for 100% genuine no name products. But, if they come with a name, I won't complain. Even with the fake in your video, it only failed in a fake test. Where do you get a 2000v supply in the home?

If safety is a serious issue, people wouldn't be able to sell them. All their ebay accounts are easily obtainable by the police. I don't see why we need to play the role of the police.

Could somebody explain by what is meant by "100% genuine no name products"? Is this the same as "cheap, unreliable, untested, uncertified, unsafe, short lived carp"?

To me there is either OEM, non-OEM but branded (where the manufacturer puts their company name on the product, not a faked brand name, and offers some level of documentation, after sales support and compliance to standards) or the rest. The rest are the ones to be really wary of IMHO.

And there is a genuine difference between products labelled, say, "Apple" (from a respected source) and "Apple" (but fake), or "Tangerine", "Cumquat", or any other fruit, "Abble" or just plain unbranded. In the case of battery chargers the need for good design and manufacture combined with adherence to testing standards is especially important when you are dealing with potentially highly combustible items such as lithium ion batteries. The number of household fires in the UK involving "hooky" chargers on products such as electric scooters, etc is indicative that safety standards are being flouted and that checks on imported goods just aren't happening - but then checks on imported foodstuffs aren't happening either, so fat chance that there will be any staff to check and test electrical goods.

"100% genuine no name products" indeed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back