Want to replace this plug, what shall i order?

I am guessing you don't do youtube much. The video describes a £1 adaptor made in scotland subjected to 2000v. But, you want to blame it on china.

I didn't watch the video, but the description says that it was purchased in Scotland, not that it was made in Scotland. Does the video say that it was made in Scotland- I suspect it doesn't.

Sponsored Links
I don't buy fake. I only go for 100% genuine no name products. But, if they come with a name, I won't complain. Even with the fake in your video, it only failed in a fake test. Where do you get a 2000v supply in the home?

If safety is a serious issue, people wouldn't be able to sell them. All their ebay accounts are easily obtainable by the police. I don't see why we need to play the role of the police.

The other day you were expressing your concerns about thermal runaway with power tool batteries. Now you are advocating buying (potentially) dodgy chargers?

I didn't watch the video, but the description says that it was purchased in Scotland, not that it was made in Scotland. Does the video say that it was made in Scotland- I suspect it doesn't.
Does it say it isn't made in scotland?

Does it say it isn't made in scotland?

???

Granted, no it doesn't explicitly say that the item purchased in Scotland was NOT manufactured in Scotland.

If you pop in to your local supermarket to purchase, for exmaple, Iberian Chorizo, do you assume that it was manufactured in store?

BTW, did you realise that CE marks are "self certified"? A company will arrange a contract with, for example, a Chinese manufacturer, the company will send a sample to a testing company to inspect it. That firm will award a CE mark. The Chinese manufacturer could change the components, but unless they tell the buyer, the CE cert will still apply.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back