Wanting a 'push bar to open' lock but not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the left hand door to my garage i want a one-handed internal lock which releases bolts in the top and bottom

I found espagnolettes but they seem expensive

Then i found the emergency exit 'push bar to open' lock

Is there anything like this for regular non emergency use

I just want to be able to reach around with one hand and release top and bottom bolts

James

Sponsored Links
Not in my experience, no. What's your garage door made of?

They're made from wood, there is a wooden frame above and concrete floor below

It's for the left leaf of double doors. I would like a bolt top and bottom but would rather activate them both at once rather than one at a time

Sponsored Links
Yes that's it but they are designed to meet safety standards which don't necessarily apply

I just want a single operated lever / handle which can open / close bolts top and bottom

All it needs is a single turning point with a bolt / bar mounted on either side so as the centre is turned one bolt goes up and one goes down

TBH conventional wooden doors either get crash bar fire sets (a mandatory requirement in some cases), or they require extra security, but need to look neat, which is where 2-, 3- and 4-way espagnolettes come in. The sort of thing you are talking about could be made-up from a few nuts, bolts and bits of bent steel sheet and rod, so I can't imagine anyone making one for sale in this country. The sorts of things a low-cost mechanism like that would get used on are items like garage doors, seel workshop doors and the door manufacturer would almost certainly make them in house. So why not make your own? You already have a plan........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back