wardrobe floating above sloping floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hoping theres an easy solution - just put up a 8ft wardrobe and due to sloping floor i connected it to the wall in case it woudl tip over once i filled with stuff. only problem is - now the wardrobe is level the front part sits about 1.5 ins of the floor - and the adjustable legs arent touching the floor so it has an appearance of floating above the floor. if i put a wedge or enough wood underneath where the feet are woudl this support the weight that will go into the wardrobe as my concern is that the weight might pull the wardrobe from the wall in time.

or is there some other solution that can be use.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Are you sure your floor is THAT sloping??? It is more likely that the wall to which you fixed is not vertical either. I would check if the front edges of the wardrobe panels are vertical and if not would try to pack behind the wardrobe before fixing it to the wall.

never thought of that - i do know that most of the wardrobe or chest of drawers if i left them free standing kind of have the look of toppling over if too much things go in them - if you can understand what i mean so most have been attached to the wall but most of teh adjustable feet are enough for stability.

hopefully you can see the photo attached to see how it looks underneath - as you can see the back is on the floor with with levelling the wardrobe out from attaching it to the wall it an inch or so off but i guess i could take it off the wall as i dont know if that is level or not just assumed it was the floor

Sponsored Links
no we didnt but have thought about vv2806 suggestion - and amnow thinking if we put a slim baton near the top and screw into the wall that should balace it out more - i checked with my spirit level and its find vertically for shelves but when i check the level going from back to front you can see it dips so will do something to level that side.

many thanks for all the help ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back