Unlevel floor - how to connect a wardrobe thats too far away

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there Ive got a dilemma not sure what to do. Ive got a single wardrobe which is sitting on an unlevel part of the floor. the bottom part is 2 inches away from the wall and the top part (which i was going to connect to the wall is just over 4.25 inches away) - i know i have to put a baton on the wall and connect the wardrobe to that but if I do that the wardrobe would lean back - i was wondering if its possible that I could buy adjustable feet for the front to make it lean back a bit and then connect it - or is there a better solution. At present I cant use the wardrobe as Im worried that once I start putting things in there it will tip over because of the weight.

Thanks in advance.

CJ

Sponsored Links
Is it on a carpeted floor? The gripper rod will be stopping the back of the wardrobe from sitting down fully. Cut a notch out of the bottom edge to allow it to sit flat.

Jason

Have you checked with a level to see what is running out of true.

This may sound daft but if you are two inches out at the bottom and four at the top can't you just push it back two inches and then you would have only two inches to adjust at the top.

Sponsored Links
Sorry I should have given more information. Its on laminate flooring which has the beading (scotia) running by- i also have 3 other wardrobes but they are on the other side of the room and are fairly level - i havent connected them to the wall as the gap behind is minimal and there is no leaning.

The wardrobe is pushed back as far as the beading will allow but Im willing to take off the beading but still feel that even if i do the bottom part of the wardrobe will still be quite away from the wall which in turns will make the top part too far away anyway. It is an old property (around 1900).

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back