warix flange

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a lovely hot shower after fitting a salamander pump today, i bought a surrey flange but when i started the job i realized it had a 1" connection and the top of my cylinder is a 3/4" female. Anyway after much panic (and a trip to 5 different plumbing shops) none had a 3/4" surrey so i ended up with a warix flange, BUT i used the top exit to go to the vent and the side exit to go to the shower (thats what you get for reading up too much on the s flange) its working fine but will i have to change it round or will it be ok. Sorry for waffling.

Sponsored Links
the warix flange has a dip tube that goes down in to the cylinder, this is the top connection and the reason for this is to take water that is free of air, as you have used the side connection for the pump you risk the pump cavitating, it wont last long if it does and would probably invalidate the guarantee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back