Warmfront Ideal Isar HE30

yes ignition electrodes need replacing every 2 years but to be honest id say that would be normal.

if that is your idea of quality then that explains the rest of the boiler build quality.

I think it will take a lifetime before i'll be installing anymore ideals.

Out of all the Icos/Isars/Evo's I have fitted, I have only had to replace ignition electrodes on one, my Isar has been in 8 years and Electrodes are fine, whether Ideal honour their warranties isn't relative to the boiler quality, my personal experience is they are not a bad boiler, I reckon because so many have been fitted by Warmfront and housing associations, therefore been chucked in badly, is more to do with the problem, I have seen quite a few Warmfront installations, all ****te, they totally lied about cleanser and inhibitor when questioned if it was put in on one job I attended.

Sponsored Links
my dad says theyre might be a leak and thats why it shows no pressure? , and the reason that only the bottom of the bathroom and little bedroom radiator get warm and not the top is because there is air in the top and could be a leak?

also before the pressure dropped the pipes started banging (and water spitting) one night when running the bath - this happened a couple of timeds whn running the bath

my dad also mentions some inhibitor stuff you put in radiator to keep water clean which may also help this boiler? im rasing the radiator pipes into wall in kitchen so this will give me an opportunity to put this stuff in...what do you think?

can anyone help with this?

thanks in advance

The pressure on the guage should be somewhere between 1 and 1.5 bar. There could be many reasons for low system pressure.

My advice would be to re pressurise the system and keep an close eye on the pressure over the next few days to see if it drops. If it does drop and you then have to keep re pressurising then you will have a leak on the system somewhere. (or a possible problem with the boiler itself)

Please remember that if you are 'bleeding' radiators or removing rads then the pressure will drop. When bleeding a number of radiators it is wise to check and possibly re pressurise after each one.

To see if a radiator needs to be bled i would advise that you run your heating for a short period of time and then turn the heating off. Then go to each radiator and if the TOP OF A RADIATOR IS COLD AND THE BOTTOM IS HOT, then it needs to be bled. If its HOT AT THE TOP IT DOESNT NEED TO BE BLED.

In regard to inhibitor, your system will need to have it. Lack of an inhibitor in a system causes all kinds of problems for a boiler. Lack of inhibitor leads to an unreliable boiler and to repeated breakdowns to parts such as pumps, diveter valves and main and plate heat exchanger blockages.

Ideal only recommend FERNOX, SENTINEL AND SALAMANDER inhibitors. The instructions will need to be followed and an experienced RGI may need to do this job for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back