Warning Don't flash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a dangerous gang opperating arround Essex who have a particularly nasty initiation rite for new members. Apparently they are to shoot dead a random member of the public.

Their method of victim selection consists of driving around at night without any lights on. The first person to flash them is then followed and shot dead.

So if you happen to be in Essex and spot a car without lights on. Do NOT flash!

Sponsored Links
Just beggrs belief! I can't even imagine the mentality of something like this...

Trouble is, that this is another case where people will learn to turn a blind eye, instead of being helpfull. Incase of the consequences, just reinforces the whole 'I'm alright Jack' type attitude.

I've stopped to help, female motorists with broken down cars before now (if alone in the middle of nowhere - Chivaraly is still part of my vocabulary) but don't now because you just don't know... The person might mistake your intentions (remember the case a few years ago?) or it could be a setup.

Criminals aren't afraid of the consequences anymore, they accept that being caught and punished (I use the term loosely) is part of the risk.

speaking of chivalry, i read about the bloke who helped a lady change her tyre, the lady insisted the helper be quiet, turns out the reason is hubby is asleep in the back of the car

Fraid this is one them 'urban myths' going round at the moment. It originated in the good ol' US of A apparently. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Indeed it is. This is one that originated in LA where gang-culture and gang-related violence is rife.

However, what concerns me is that the kind of people who would be starting an LA-style gang would be stupid enough to think "Hey, that would be a good idea for my new gang!"

AdamW said:
However, what concerns me is that the kind of people who would be starting an LA-style gang would be stupid enough to think "Hey, that would be a good idea for my new gang!"

I agree. I wouldn't put it past some of the brainless ****s we have round here(SE London) to think it a good idea. :(

Sponsored Links
Back