WARNING VAILLANT 837 commbi boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Well tempting as the offer is... I am away on holiday on the 27th and have several large installations pre-booked for when I get back.

And as GSS - someone telling me to shut my gob is not likely to get much in the way of help from me.

#especially when they seem to think i have already declined the job of fixing what has turned out to be an abortion of an installation (as I said I have no love lost for Vaillant, but one has to have a balanced view on these things.

At best your boiler was incorrectly specified. At worst the system is dirty and need cleaning - why else was your HEX cleaned?

Seriously you have been told, almost uniformly and to a man that the problem is not the design of the boiler. I suggest you listen. And I say that with no sarcasm or animosity..

Hello matt1e

Did we ever fall out, words mean nothing action means all, pictures ? what would they provide ?

morbid curiousity satisfaction :)

Hello gasservice1985

Fantastic answer I am in stitchings and your correct but if Dan says yes and he fixes, bingo what a feather in his cap that would be

He will tell you exactly what is wrong it and your system in much less time than your other guy I reckon mate

Matt

Sponsored Links
Dan

So that is a no then, for the second time as you did turn the job down before due to distance and now you say you live in Bedford which is 10 minutes on me 750.
As you are just another installer and not a repair man I appreciate your honesty and hope you have a good holiday.

Like my efforts today:

Dan,

It's good to see nice neat plumbing on here once in a while! :) - I'm intrigued to know two things:

1) Do you work from a pre-drawn plan when installing something like this?
2) What are the red/white manifold's for at the bottom, UFH still to be connected?

now you say you live in Bedford which is 10 minutes on me 750

???

I said I live in Bedfordshire. Not Bedford. And I still haven't the foggiest idea who you are....

And I do repair boilers. In fact I have 6 to look at next week. All in London. hey ho.

Like my efforts today:

Dan,

It's good to see nice neat plumbing on here once in a while! :) - I'm intrigued to know two things:

1) Do you work from a pre-drawn plan when installing something like this?
2) What are the red/white manifold's for at the bottom, UFH still to be connected?

Tah.

No, that was all fabricated on the hop as it were. The manifold at the bottom is an 8 loop UFH manifold. Took me around a day to do the copper - actually that was done day before yesterday yesterday was the 8 metre flue and today was wiring and directing the builder's plumber who is doing the rad circuits.

Get the feeling the boiler could be fixed quite easily but system might need a lot of work.

I did actually enter the Ferolli contest for a free Mode a. If I win I'll fit for the OP for cost (my costs).

A fine bit of Italian engineering - what could go wrong?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back