WARNING VAILLANT 837 commbi boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had one recently.

Installed a boiler as part of a big refurb. Boiuler in cupboard next to bathroom.

Serviced every year for 4 years. This year we had a complaint of a smell of drains.

"Its always been like it". Yet, Never EVER reported to us or the builders (who did the loft extension and bathroom plumbing) and are a very reputable firm.

So of course it is essential that it is sorted out this week and MUST be down to the boiler. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
My first post on this so be gentle with me.

OP, you evidently have a system fault which your installer does not know how to fix. I am the 11 th engineer to say that.

One simple question though. Why did you stick with this incompetent fellow for four years?

Cleaning the HE means the system is dirty. Thats the installers responsibility to clean the system. Why did he not power flush it when he fitted the boiler?

What installation errors caused Vaillant to tell you to get the installer to solve?

Micky on here is very experienced with solving these system faults and is not that far away. Why dont you want to pay for him to come and and assess and recommend solutions?

Tony Glazier

Micky on here is very experienced with solving these system faults and is not that far away. Why dont you want to pay for him to come and and assess and recommend solutions?

Tony I expect that Mickey is suddenly as busy as me and Bunnyman etc have become sometimes you really don't need the work :p

Perhaps we should send Eco so the OP can tell him he's a ripoff merchant instead ;)

Sponsored Links
I've watched this thread for a while :rolleyes:

All I can really contribute: Knowledge is power. :mrgreen:

Well I came on this site before with a heating problem and received the usual abuse for stating in more words that basically Vaillant boilers and their customer service should be avoided, there were many solutions offered and I did manage to glean enough information from 2 blokes sorry I cannot remember your user names, so I called the installer and this solved the problem for a while.
Now this time abuse points have to be a full 10 out of 10, being cheesed off with this boiler I managed to laugh at some but Dan Robinson from Herts you were not funny or helpful before and this time you show no signs of improvement or recovery so increase the medication and bunnyboy you were, are and always will be, no tell ya what change ya name to lady hare you still have 2 weeks of March left.
Now back to the boiler I appreciate all your comments and taking the time to respond with possible problems and solutions but I would like to make these points.
1 I have had 2 Vaillant combi boilers, neighbour 1 and a friend who still has the same early model and all had/have problems on a regular basis with water and heating, I do not know of any other household with or favouring Vaillant but I hardly visit people and say hows ya boiler doing as they would think me strange, dirty or damn right filthy, yesterday I contacted 3 heating engineers and none touch Vaillant, 2 worked on Worcester Bosch only.
2/ My early Vaillant gave either hot water or heating only, very rarely both and when the heating was working and we required heating in the west wing of the building ( seldom used Bungalow and Garage 2 large double rads ) I would turn off 4 rads in the east wing, the boiler would never serve all the radiators but this worked and when the new boiler was fitted I turned all the radiators on and all were hot, so I do not think it is a radiator system, pipework diameter or building issue.
4/ Vaillant customer service did say over the phone to me whilst under guarantee that it was down to the installer and the appliance is registered with them.
5/ The boiler was fitted on the 19/11/2008 so 3 years 4 months and the heating has been a problem for all 3 winters and has now ceased completely, hot water has always been provided with full control.
6/ Many have stated the installer being the problem and whilst I still strongly believe the boiler is at fault I was a bit annoyed Tuesday as when discussing the job in Nov 2008 he told me he fitted 3/4 Vaillant boilers every month more the 828s and 831s, but on Tuesday after the heat exchanger removal, acid clean, refit, still not working and then guess saying it could be the divertor valve, then left saying get someone from Vaillant round their dealing with them all the time and they will go straight to the problem, sorry I thought you were dealing with them all the time, I think it should be law or common sense that if someone is licenced to install, they should be able to service and repair that appliance.
7/ Gorgi, Gas Safe, Advanced Degree in pipe bending University of Uri Geller ( yes he is weird ) all meaningless.
8/ Vaillant as a boiler, please lads forget about design, components, construction etc but when you take the cover off the next Vaillant just look at the guts and does it strike quality ? no.

loser.gif

That is all.

P.S. I actually come from East Sussex and currently reside in Bedfordshire. I presume that will take to long for you to type, so I'll let you carry on calling me Dan Robinson from Herts. ;)

Good luck getting your heating working by the way
rofl.gif

This guy has gone fishing and must be using a multi hook system with the amount of bites he has got :rolleyes: ;)

Looks like watersystems has come back under different name. Bet he does not even have this large mansion with 'tiny' boiler to heat it. Even an idiot would see a 28kw will NOT heat a large property.

My early Vaillant gave either hot water or heating only, very rarely both

Am I missing something here- I thought that was what a combi did.

Coo long thread!

1. Lets have some piccys of boiler installation. SSS

2. Are you still paying this guy if you think its not a system fault, I think he has patience of Jobe if isn't getting paid. Velly interesting.

Vaillant are terrible!!!! Rip it out and pit a heat line in or a chaffataux, that will be your best bet :LOL:

One simple question though. Why did you stick with this incompetent fellow for four years?

Cleaning the HE means the system is dirty. Thats the installers responsibility to clean the system. Why did he not power flush it when he fitted the boiler?

What installation errors caused Vaillant to tell you to get the installer to solve?

Tony Glazier

I have politely asked you three simple questions but you have refrained from answering them.

The reality is that most installers are not exerienced at repairing boilers. A few do all repairs and few installations.

Coo long thread!

1. Lets have some piccys of boiler installation. SSS

2. Are you still paying this guy if you think its not a system fault, I think he has patience of Jobe if isn't getting paid. Velly interesting.

yeah we need piccys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back