Was government advised to lockdown earlier?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Leaked 9 March paper written for SAGE sub comm' SPI-M by Prof Steven Riley. It warns the UK govt to abandon its mitigation approach

C4 report

Sponsored Links
"The UK now has more new deaths from the Covid-19 coronavirus than the rest of Europe combined, despite its population being just one seventh of the size."

Which seems to suggest that our glorious leader completely screwed up!

And I thought we were going to have a 'world leading' tracing app set up by the time schools were planned to go back in June?

All we get is bluff and bluster, so no wonder the UK's economy will be hit worse than any other developed nation!

World leading - I thought he sounded so Trump when he said that. Gawd help us.

We don't need that tracing app now they've backtracked on sending the kiddies back to school, ha ha ha

John Redwood tweets:

"The scientists advising the government chose the date for lock down. Why has one of them now said that was wrong?"

hilarious

Sponsored Links
World leading - I thought he sounded so Trump when he said that. Gawd help us.

We don't need that tracing app now they've backtracked on sending the kiddies back to school, ha ha ha
We needed it four months ago. Track and trace will help reduce the spread, which is always useful.

We needed it four months ago. Track and trace will help reduce the spread, which is always useful.
Yeah, I was being sarcastic.
Needed a lot of things throughout this pandemic that the Gov failed to deliver...

Believe it when I see it!!!
And to think the UK could have got an off the shelf app proven to work weeks/months ago...

But oh no, borisconi wanted his own app developed by his chums in the private sector!

Is C4 news not good enough for you? :rolleyes:

No. The Professor is a member of SPI-M-O which is a sub-committee of SAGE. There are over 40 members of SPI-M. On 2 March, SPI-M published a consensus statement on COVID-19 to SAGE. I'd like to compare the Professor's week-later paper with the published work of SPI-M.

No. The Professor is a member of SPI-M-O which is a sub-committee of SAGE. There are over 40 members of SPI-M. On 2 March, SPI-M published a consensus statement on COVID-19 to SAGE. I'd like to compare the Professor's week-later paper with the published work of SPI-M.
Best have a google then and find it for yourself. :)

Is C4 news not good enough for you? :rolleyes:
Ceres is a Johnson apologist.

Ceres hides behind the argument that only simplistic binary proof is acceptable, a body of evidence that shows this governments shambolic handling of the crisis doesnt count.

The UK now has more new deaths from the Covid-19 coronavirus than the rest of Europe combined, despite its population being just one seventh of the size."
Europe: 180 974 deaths; the five countries reporting most deaths are United Kingdom (41 128), Italy (34 114), France (29 319), Spain (27 136) and Belgium (9 629.
Do the Math Lal....Unless you are being pedantic about ""new,"" that been down to variations of time of covid spread rather than anyones failure.

Sponsored Links
Back