Was government advised to lockdown earlier?

So are you suggesting that the general population in the UK is more stupid than the general population in Europe as a whole?
No ...But I suggest that is your impression.Certainly the one you give.

Sponsored Links
"The UK now has more new deaths from the Covid-19 coronavirus than the rest of Europe combined, despite its population being just one seventh of the size."

What does it mean, new deaths? Because as tragic as 1 death is, the UK doesn't have as many deaths as the rest of Europe or indeed the EU combined, by any measure.

Sponsored Links
What does it mean, new deaths? Because as tragic as 1 death is, the UK doesn't have as many deaths as the rest of Europe or indeed the EU combined, by any measure.
I refer you to the topic title...

"Was government advised to lockdown earlier?"

If it was and failed to act then the UK has trailed behind the rest of Europe and we are now playing catch up which will have far greater consequences...

Because it's easier to get back up and running with the cooperation of a group of 30 countries rather than being on your own!

hilarious.

Ceres thinks a government advisory group is devoid of political interference.
This is an advisory group where the govts senior advisor sat in on meetings. A govt advisor that even the PM cant sack.

did you fall down in the last shower

hilarious.

Ceres thinks a government advisory group is devoid of political interference.
This is an advisory group where the govts senior advisor sat in on meetings. A govt advisor that even the PM cant sack.

did you fall down in the last shower

You're lying again Notchy.

If you want to see which of the membership attended each meeting, read the minutes, attendance of participants and observers is provided at the end.

And if you read the minutes, you'll see that the advisers advise based on their understanding of the science. There is no political interference. They provide advice to the Government and the Government decides what to do with it.

I seem to have lost the SAGE consensus reports ceres. Pity as those are what the gov say they follow. As gov have said take a lot of scientists and opinions will vary. I'd assume the chairman would establish what that consensus is. ;) Just as Boris should in cabinet meetings. Some PM's have bent that to suite.

Cummins. The SAGE virus mapper is talking pretty openly such as yes an earlier lock down would have reduced deaths. When asked about Cummins he said all he did was ask for clarification on some points. He was asked specifically about interference.

The Government can't be expected to take the advise of a single person from the SAGE committee they have to take it from the overall, collective advice from the SAGE committee. Steven Riley is a just one of the members, I can't actually post the rest of the committees names because of the 1000 character limit.

Because it's easier to get back up and running with the cooperation of a group of 30 countries rather than being on your own!

The 27 countries weren't helping each other much at the beginning, Germany refusing PPE to Italy, France having burned their PPE to save storage costs resorting to hijacking lorries of it bound for the UK. LMAO.

the problem is with this government (probably all governments all over the world) they tell lies so often it is difficult to form any opinion on anything they do. We have no idea how many people have died or when they died. We seem to be in a bigger shambles than other countries, but may be they are just better liars

Spain is an interesting one, they had terrible figures, then they decided they needed to get tourism up and running, all of a sudden 2000+ people come back to life and their daily death rate went from 200+ per day to 1.

Sponsored Links
Back