Was government advised to lockdown earlier?

The 27 countries weren't helping each other much at the beginning, Germany refusing PPE to Italy, France having burned their PPE to save storage costs resorting to hijacking lorries of it bound for the UK.
But they sorted it out...

The point was actually about being part of a large economic trading group, not a single isolated country...

But hey, borisconi has apparently started to get the message.

"UK set to backtrack on plans for full EU border checks.
But the EU is unlikely to reciprocate and UK goods will face full checks"

So much for 'taking back control' :LOL:

Sponsored Links
What you have linked to is only a statement on behavioural interventions, not the full COVID-19 nine yards:

The CV19 one is just that a run down on the virus there are other papers such as transmission.

The first one I posted is the 1st time lock down asap appeared as far as I am aware. There is a rather torturous earlier report on none pharmaceutical interventions.

The graph in the 2nd one is of interest as it shows a Hong Kong approach and and a side note about future peaks that might then occur in Autumn. Read start of the flu season. Flue species probably unknown at the moment and always an informed guess that sometimes doesn't work as well as they hoped. When I first saw the graph I though why show that one so high. It's been pretty clear that cv19 wont just go away so measures will be needed for a long time. Other countries have shown that infection rate can be kept down to easily managed numbers. That probably allows better treatment as well. I can guess which curve we are on.

They are dribbling papers out as they feel like it at the moment or seem to be. It's a pity more aren't being released. I'm not sure we will ever see all of them. Preparing for a blame game? Cummins reckons he will come clean eventually. Not sure one what though.

Personally I am more concerned about the current curved balls being thrown about on social distancing. 1m China - well when they relaxed masks were still required when entering buildings. They could be worn outdoors if people wanted to. They are not the only ones that have made use of them. I think we are being given clues on this area anyway. Face to face is worst, back to back not so bad. I expect that sort of thing to come out eventually in premisses where distance is difficult. As always they will probably tell the people concerned 15mins before they need to do it. How well will it work ;) ?

There seems to be another way of limiting spread. Face shields. It's been used in nurseries as the kids find it more acceptable. Rather small groups though.

The CV19 one is just that a run down on the virus there are other papers such as transmission.

The first one I posted is the 1st time lock down asap appeared as far as I am aware. There is a rather torturous earlier report on none pharmaceutical interventions.

The graph in the 2nd one is of interest as it shows a Hong Kong approach and and a side note about future peaks that might then occur in Autumn. Read start of the flu season. Flue species probably unknown at the moment and always an informed guess that sometimes doesn't work as well as they hoped. When I first saw the graph I though why show that one so high. It's been pretty clear that cv19 wont just go away so measures will be needed for a long time. Other countries have shown that infection rate can be kept down to easily managed numbers. That probably allows better treatment as well. I can guess which curve we are on.

They are dribbling papers out as they feel like it at the moment or seem to be. It's a pity more aren't being released. I'm not sure we will ever see all of them. Preparing for a blame game? Cummins reckons he will come clean eventually. Not sure one what though.

Personally I am more concerned about the current curved balls being thrown about on social distancing. 1m China - well when they relaxed masks were still required when entering buildings. They could be worn outdoors if people wanted to. They are not the only ones that have made use of them. I think we are being given clues on this area anyway. Face to face is worst, back to back not so bad. I expect that sort of thing to come out eventually in premisses where distance is difficult. As always they will probably tell the people concerned 15mins before they need to do it. How well will it work ;) ?

There seems to be another way of limiting spread. Face shields. It's been used in nurseries as the kids find it more acceptable. Rather small groups though.

Go back and read the OP for this thread. Clue - the dates are important.

Look at the dates in the video

Dates.jpg

Earliest is a draft. The lockdown asap consensus is dated 16th as well. Lock down started on the 23rd if google is correct. Hence mention of 1 week earlier lock down ........ That delay is gov to implement. The delay from the 9th consensus. There are a lot in the group. I'm a bit wary of that particular C4 reporter but why not used the dates the worst way because it illustrates a problem. A decision delay but she wouldn't mention that and I suspect few others would anyway. One ex military MP did. A cabinet run system is nice and safe ( ;) As if ) but not good for quick decisions.

Still lots of egg on their faces though. China locked down on the 23 jan the results of that became apparent very quickly but it included screening high risk but no idea what that means, probably older. All of the basic info came from China and they were watching what went on in Taiwan as well as has been mentioned. I am not sure when the WHO went into this is really serious mode prior to declaring a pandemic. The delay there is likely to have it's political aspects.

I suspect we have been following a managed plan, deaths probably higher than expected and nightingale for if it went wrong. Or maybe it's all down to decision delays. They are intelligent people so find that hard to believe.

Recent reports suggest our own phone app isn't working out. Seems Germany's is. Korea's probably the best but too intrusive. Singapore much like ours and I assume works. But who knows no one has said anything definite about ours. They could have started on Korea's when the started thinking about epidemic etc planning long ago. That one just involves collating information that is known to be solid. Too intrusive makes me shake my head in sorrow.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Last edited:
Look at enough and it seems Boris can be forgiven for shaking hands. He also seems to be one of the few that isn't maintaining a neat haircut. This seems to be one area that is only a problem for us.

The problem with the 200 down to 1 is that it was a misleading report. That is why the bar chart was shown chopped off to make it look like that. Data was also shown another way.

Sponsored Links
Back