Was this the plan all along?

Sponsored Links
In fact, what is the use or point of politics in general?
It's so that elected individuals can take important decision making away from the plebs and into the hands of those that have the countries' best interests at heart.

It's so that elected individuals can take important decision making away from the plebs and into the hands of those that have the countries' best interests at heart.
That is assuming that politicians do act with the country's best interest at heart.
I don't think that can be applied to the current PM. She is clearly acting in the best interests of her party.

And as we have seen over the last couple of years, Parliament is nowhere near as Sovereign as people thought.
It is the PM that holds all the cards about what is allowed to be debated in Parliament and when it is allowed and how much time is allowed (through the Leader of the House who controls the business of the House). It is the leader of each party that decides when to apply the whips, and how much whipping to be employed. Unfortunately, there are a majority of their colleagues that meekly toe the line and vote as they are told, rather than in the country's best interest.

That is assuming that politicians do act with the country's best interest at heart.
I don't think that can be applied to the current PM. She is clearly acting in the best interests of her party.

I would think that she is acting in her own best interests and securing the best deal for herself, i.e. future cushy job, pension and payola from the EU in order for her to keep Britain from rocking the boat. All this jetting around and coming back, Neville Chamberlain style, after the latest round of negotiations, is a complete sham. She is merely being initiated into the world of the corrupt EU politician; the corrupt world that we voted to leave.

Sponsored Links
I would think that she is acting in her own best interests and securing the best deal for herself
Lol.
Yep, I bet she absolutely loves having to repeatedly grovel to Brussels then face the repeated humiliation back in Westminster.

Silly andy.

Back