wash hand basins in shools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got to fit some over easter in a skool are there any regulations i need to know about
thanks john

Sponsored Links
New set up or replacement, type of school, age of kids,etc, may require local thermostatic control of hot water

Expect 3 pipe supply, keep "active dead legs" short as possible.

Will you be chlorinating or someone else ?.

Al

Sponsored Links
got to fit some over easter in a skool are there any regulations i need to know about
thanks john

basic spelling might be a good place to start, how did you get school work usually restricted to certain contractors, might need blending valve to stop chance of scalding, best to check with owner of the school to see what spec they use, possibly before you priced it might have been a good idea, if you need special size basins etc it could cost a few bob

Yes - as you`re new @ the skool - you will have your head held down the bog and it flushed :idea: Put that in the Risk Assesment :rolleyes:

Lol, are you kwalifiyed!, I mean Qualified? because a condition of the schools insurance policy is, All works are to be undertaken by "QUALIFIED" or competent tradespersons, And this could even void you Public Liability if thing go wrong, BE WARNED!

small private junior skool they have one basin in boys and girls but now need two in each ( as head said been fine for the last 55 years) no blending valve on either atm
size of basin is sorted

Bleedin blending valves - we had cold only and carbolic soap - And you actually did get it in your mouth if you swore :eek: . I seriously don`t recall any kid @ primary school swearing - Though a plasterer on the site where my dad was locally told me to " **** off " :LOL: . Ah, the good old days. ;)

Blending valves a must,non concusive taps normally essential. spray filter should be removalable for legionella cleansing.Sinks not normally fitted with chain and stays.

All of whcih are normal local authority requirements for which ever area your school is in regardless of private or not.

Dont forget that just because TMV's havent been fitted, does not mean that you don't need to bother, your work will be seen as renovation, and as such should include bringing the installation up to current standards for safety and legionella - could be a can of worrms, make sure you see the county authoroties standard specification for work (even if the school is grant maintained, they should be working to the county architects specifications!) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back