Washing machine drain pipe leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our kitchen floor has gotten weirdly bumpy over the last few weeks so we have decided to pull out the washing machine and have noticed there is a slight hole in the drain pipe

Is it easy to repair a pipe or am I better off replacing it? It'sa Bosch Exxcel 7 1200 Express.

And lastly is the floor going to have serious damage done to it or are the chances are it will be fine when it dries out? It's just a vinyl floor.

Any advice appreciated! If I do need to get a replacement pipe what's a good (cheap) site for ordering one?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Replace the pipe, probably cheaper than a repair anyway.

The vinyl will need to be lifted to see what damage has been done underneath, and to allow it to dry out properly.
If it's chipboard the floor will most likely need to be replaced.

Our kitchen floor has gotten weirdly bumpy over the last few weeks so we have decided to pull out the washing machine and have noticed there is a slight hole in the drain pipe.

Any signs of mice?

Any signs of mice?
Luckily not! I think what happened is we pulled the dishwasher out a few weeks ago because it wouldn't drain and on fixing the issue (which incidentally was fixed at the front of the machine so we didn't need to pull it out) we pushed the machine back in and nicked the hose somehow when pushing it back in with a bit of force.

at least that's what I assume happened. I will check the hose for possible gnawing marks when I get home!

Sponsored Links
The replacement hose came today but I can't find any instructions on how to do it. Can someone kindly provide me with a suitable link for the above Bosch machine?

Thanks,
Andrew

You'll need to find your machine's model number to stand any chance.
It's normally a long string of letters and numbers beginning with W.
Once you've got that you can go on the Bosch website and download your manual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back