Washing machine drainage hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

My Samsung washing machine came with a fixed drainage hose. Now, I placed it in the kitchen downstairs where the previous tenants used to have their washing machine. The hose goes through a hole in the wall and then into a black pipe which then empties out below.

Due to the hose scrubbing the hole in the wall, some cracks developed and it started leaking. I cut off the damaged bit, plugged in a connector from Screwfix ( which was not a good fit ) and then used amalgamating tape to affix it to a hose I bought from Screwfix.

This is not perfect as the water leaks down the outside wall in the garden.

What should I do to rectify the situation?

Sponsored Links
Get a plumber to instal a trap & drain pipe so that the waste water is disposed of properly. Get a new drain hose that fits properly. Or at least that's what you should do if you are a good landlord

You can’t put a WM drain hose thru wall , it’s highly likely to freeze in winter .As mentioned get it plumbed in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back