washing machine drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need to plumb wash machine remotely from kitchen,therefore no handy drain.
garage roof surface water downpipe is adjacent, running into concrete & presumably to soakaway(no flow into soilpipe) & accepts good volume of water.
can I use this system to drain wash machine in conjunction with normal seal requirements? house is 1971 vintage.

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't discharge waste water into a soakaway. It will eventually pollute the ground. Isn't there a drain gulley available nearby that could carry the waste water into the main drainage system?

Dont presume a soakaway :!: Could be to Water co,.`s rainwater drains ..Which they test for Illegal discharges :oops:

Nige F said:
Dont presume a soakaway :!: Could be to Water co,.`s rainwater drains ..Which they test for Illegal discharges :oops:

Don't know about England - but thats an epidemic in Northern Ireland. Plumbers often stick the waste pipe into the nearest available drain!

Sponsored Links
Doing that is illegal and several have been prosecuted and fined quite a bit for polluting the watercourses they discharge into.

I know a printer ink cartridge refiller which discharges its wash water into the rainwater drains!

They just dont care! If I had the time I would report them but I would not getting paid and I dont like unpaid work !

Thames Water should pay "rewards" for being advised of "irregularities" ! that would make us a little more inclined to advise them.

Agile said:
Thames Water should pay "rewards" for being advised of "irregularities" ! that would make us a little more inclined to advise them.
Oh really? And in how many other circumstances do you expect to be financially rewarded just for being a good citizen?

Would you give the police a statement regarding the rape of a pensioner only if you were paid to? After all - time is money...

Would a policeman take a statement if he was not getting paid?

Agile said:
Would a policeman take a statement if he was not getting paid?
How would I know the answer to that?!

I note that you haven't even vaguely answered my question - what's the purpose of your hypothetical and apparently irrelevant question?

What a pity such a useful website has been ruined by petty bickering and sarcastic remarks. No wonder the internet is getting such bad press.
DL

What a pity such a useful website has been ruined by petty bickering and sarcastic remarks.
I can't fine one single sarcastic remark on this topic.

No wonder the internet is getting such bad press.
The Internet is what it is. If you don't like it, then don't use it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back