Washing machine drum not turning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a indesit w93 washing machie and the drum does not turn properly.Its very hard to turn and real noisy.When the machine is on the drum just jams and then stops.Ive checked the belt and motor and both are fine.I think the bearings are shot am i correct?Also bits of worn plastic have come out of the machine i suppose from wear of drum housing?How do i get to the bearings to check them?Is this job easy enough to do myself as i cant afford to call a engineer?
Many thanks big ash

Sponsored Links
The bits of plastic are shreds from your outer tub where the inner drum has been rubbing on it.
To be honest, it's a nightmare job and probably not cost effective either.
With the damage to the outer tub you may have to replace not only the bearings but the tub too.
Anyways, everything has to be disconnected, make diagrams, and the whole tub comes out through the top. Bearing kit and tub seal required as a minimum. Probably need a heater too, if the drum has gouged it.
These cheap machines look a great deal at the start but you'd be better off saving a bit more money up and getting a decent machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back