indesit 1063w washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My indesit washing machine drum reluctant to turn. It seemed it was trying to, but appeared to be jammed.
Removed clothes, checked belt and all appeared okay.
The drum will spin sometimes.
The motor is a little warm - It produces blue flashes and the brushes dosent look worn...mind you there was always blue flashes under the machine ever since we brought it.

Question - is it worth changing brushes and cleaning commutator?
Assume that this could be the problem.

Value your advice

Thanks

Morris

Sponsored Links
cleaned up the cummutators and brushes okay.
Drum does turn sometimes, dosent spin fast and not at all.
dont know..

Does the drum spin freely by hand ? If not, then likely bearings. If so, then process of elimination says, drum free, belt good and not slipping, then motor duff. Plus it shouldn't be sparking.

Sponsored Links
Good idea if it is 10 years old. I kept an old indesit going for 20 years (wife hated me) and finally gave in to a new one. I have to admit that the technology moves on and you get a better machine and wash after that length of time......

bathjobby said:
Good idea if it is 10 years old. I kept an old indesit going for 20 years (wife hated me) and finally gave in to a new one. I have to admit that the technology moves on and you get a better machine and wash after that length of time......
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

HOW???

Your joking ?
e.g. Model T ford vs Mondeo, do I have to explain !

Ah. Well, obviously fixed it whenever it went wrong. Fortunately had a 2nd hand washing machine shop (make 1 working one out of 3 scrap ones and sell it) locally, so good access to some working but 2nd hand parts. These included a drum and programmer. It had also had new bearing and several new door seals and a few hoses over the years. Alas, wife wouldn't let me fix it again when it went wrong at almost 21 years old, so off to shops for new Indesit. Very pleased with new one (several years ago now) except it has a design fault which means that after a while (random day or month) the conditioner stays in the tray. Engineer came out and 'fixed' it only for it to happen again. I have now fixed it properly by added a piece to the mechanism.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back