Washing machine hose outlet extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure this topic gets posted a lot but I haven't been able to find the answers I need anywhere. Got a new washing machine delivered, didn't pay for installation cause I figured I could do it myself. Predictably, the outlet hose is too short. So I bought an extension. Cannot figure out for the life of me how to get the original hose and the extension connected. They don't fit because they're different widths (guess I assumed hoses had a standardised width).

https://www.homebase.co.uk/oracstar-outlet-hose-2-5m_p125362 --- This is the extension I bought. Given that the narrow end is the one that fits on the pipe under the sink I assume it's the other end that's supposed to attach to the original hose. I got a small connector as well to fit them together, but obviously doesn't fit in both ends.

What do I need to do, is it as simple as just buying a different extension? I know the hose will still need clips and things to secure it and that the two ends won't just slot into each other, but I don't see a way of getting them attached at all and just thought I'd get some advice before buying any more bits that I don't need.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back