Washing machine remote from a drain

It is not foolish at all. The only foolishness is on your part as you have never thought of it or come across it. A `we always do it like` this type`. As long as the washing machine pump can handle it, it is fine - that means contacting the makers. I may mean doubling up the 22mm pipe or not. This is a flat in an expensive part of of London where space is lots of money with people prepared to pay for the kitchen design they want maximising space - not at all like Northern Ireland. Using a macerator at the washing machine, ensures it would work irrespective of washing machine used - I recall some small types that were for baths only, so worth looking into. Thanks copea for that suggestion.

Sponsored Links
It is not foolish at all. The only foolishness is on your part as you have never thought of it or come across it. A `we always do it like` this type`. As long as the washing machine pump can handle it, it is fine - that means contacting the makers. I may mean doubling up the 22mm pipe or not. This is a flat in an expensive part of of London where space is lots of money with people prepared to pay for the kitchen design they want maximising space - not at all like Northern Ireland. Using a macerator at the washing machine, ensures it would work irrespective of washing machine used - I recall some small types that were for baths only, so worth looking into. Thanks copea for that suggestion.
I`ll save you time by saying there isn`t a Saniflo on the market that will do what you propose.

Sponsored Links
That looks like an excellent option and I would say definitely do that instead of trying to wing it, especially if you're renting out the flat or won't be around when the washing machine is used.

That looks like an excellent option and I would say definitely do that instead of trying to wing it, especially if you're renting out the flat or won't be around when the washing machine is used.
The macerator would only operate when the washing machine operates, so not great problem in noise. The problem may be that the washing machine pump may have a greater flow than the macerator pump. But they say:

Saniflo Sanivite Kitchen And Utility Macerator Pump

Product Overview:
  • Compatible with domestic sinks, dishwasher, washing machine, and kitchen sinks.
  • Suitable for domestic applications.

As a Saniflo engineer for +16yrs I say good luck with that then and I`d take great delight in telling you why when you scream warranty !!!
The answer why is there in your link.
I know, it says suitable for a washing machine. o_O

The macerator would only operate when the washing machine operates, so not great problem in noise. The problem may be that the washing machine pump may have a greater flow than the macerator pump. But they say:

Saniflo Sanivite Kitchen And Utility Macerator Pump
Product Overview:
  • Compatible with domestic sinks, dishwasher, washing machine, and kitchen sinks.
  • Suitable for domestic applications.
No, still wrong.

I have just read some specs. The Grundfos Sololift grey water pump range looks like it will do the job. One is 204 l/min. An extra is a washing machine cut off sensor. If the unit is not operating the washing machine cuts out.

I have just read some specs. The Grundfos Sololift grey water pump range looks like it will do the job. One is 204 l/min. An extra is a washing machine cut off sensor. If the unit is not operating the washing machine cuts out.

I`ll save you time by saying there isn`t a Saniflo on the market that will do what you propose.
So I did save you time, wasted money and an embarrassing situation then yes? Even though I doubt you know why I said no to the Sani. :ROFLMAO:

Still not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic.

So I did save you time, wasted money and an embarrassing situation then yes? Even though I doubt you know why I said no to the Sani. :ROFLMAO:
No you never. You were saying there was no pump available and were clearly implying that. I put you right Mr pump expert. BTW, the word saniflo is used generically.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back