Washing machine trips rcd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my new tennent called me to say when they plugged the washing machine into the WM plug socket it trips the rcd.

I went to investigate and the tennent informed me that they had used the washine machine at there old house for 18/24 months and it worked fine. They did say they had an old fuse board.

Everything else in the kitchen worked fine, with washing machine unplugged, and when I tried WM in a different socket it tripped Rcd again.

I then switched everything off in the whole house, re set rcd and plugged WM into a socket above work top, as soon as I turned dial to switch WM on the rcd went again.

The 2 previous tenents had no problem with there washing machines. Is it fair to say the machine has a fault not there is a problem witn the property electrics?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Yes there's a fault with the mc. Could be heater motor etc

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back