Washing machine vibration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a first floor maisonette and have a laminated floor in the new kitchen. The Indesit washer/dryer is under the worktop, but my neighbours downstairs are always complaining that the vibration is too loud. I have taken the worktop right off and levelled the machine. I have also made a 3/4 inch platform with rubber feet for the machine to stand on. I have managed to reduce the vibration noise but it is still too bad. (I have been downstairs and listened to it - I'd be ****ed at the noise) The building was built in the 50's and has wooden joists and then floorboards then soundproof underlay and finally the laminate. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to stop the vibration? (I have removed packaging bolts and levelled etc)
Would it be a good idea to screw a 3/4 plyboard through the floor into the joists to make it stronger?
PLEASE HELP

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back