Washing machine waste spigot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to connect a washing machine to a 42mm waste pipe which protrudes horizontally from a wall in my (new) utility room. It's about 90cm up the wall (as the room is in the cellar and that's how the heights work out) so there's no room for a big tall standpipe. (I've checked and the machine should be OK pumping up that high.)

Preferred arrangement would be the waste hose connected to a spigot, a trap, and a non-return valve. No so keen on the waste just hooped into the top of a pipe, especially since I can't fit a tall standpipe.

I've spent hours looking at Wickes, Screwfix, B&Q - just cannot find the right bits. All the spigots come with connections to a sink, which I don't have. The pipework will be visible (albeit only utility room) so I don't really want extra unnecessary appendages.

Could anyone recommend the right parts to use please? Specific part codes or links would be brilliant.

Thanks,
Mark

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the MacAlpine V33WM......two connections but they do come with blanks so only one can be used.
Its a compression fitting onto your horizontal pipe run.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Aye, that plus a blanking plug would work too, Andy, if theres enough horizontal pipe poking through.
John :)

Use this:

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/was...aste-fittings/1-189-90-deg-multifit-bend.html

And this:

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/traps/domestic-appliance-accessories/1-189-straight-nozzle.html

Fit the bend onto pipe that stick out and make it turn left or right what you want, clip it secure and fit the straight nozzle to bend fitting and connect the hose to nozzle with hose clip. Don't need non-return-valve, they block up.

Where do the other end go?

You could fit a running trap in between.

Dan.

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/traps/domestic-appliance-accessories/1-189-straight-nozzle.html
That looks perfect, thanks.

Don't need non-return-valve, they block up.
Where do the other end go?
You could fit a running trap in between.
Other end comes out in a manhole in the garage. Idea for non-return valve was to prevent dodgy smells and possible back-flow if the manhole were to back up. Perhaps a trap is sufficient though.

Hi mark

Just came across your thread.

can you send me a photo of how you did the above please as iv got a similar situation and cant find the right bits.

Hi mark

Just came across your thread.

can you send me a photo of how you did the above please as iv got a similar situation and cant find the right bits.
That was in 2012 Shef, suggest you start your own post bud.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back