Washing Machine Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Finally finished my bathroom after 2 weeks, well chuffed with it and could not have done it without this forum!!

Anyway have been speaking to my uncle who is about to have the hallway and kitchen floor tiled. He is taking out the washing machine but unlike mine with a stand pipe for the waste his is connected directly to the sink waste.

Is there something he can buy to bung this so the kitchen sink can still be used? It going to be out for a good week.

thanks

Sponsored Links
you can fit a brass cap end while not being used.
either 3/4" or 1" bsp you'll have to measure the diameter of the thread or put a pic on here of the waste.

Plastic bag wrapped tightly over the spigot and few turns of insulation tape to hold it in place might be ok for a week. Wouldnt suggest it as a permanent fix though.....

Sponsored Links
Hello all,

Finally finished my bathroom after 2 weeks, well chuffed with it and could not have done it without this forum!!

Anyway have been speaking to my uncle who is about to have the hallway and kitchen floor tiled. He is taking out the washing machine but unlike mine with a stand pipe for the waste his is connected directly to the sink waste.

Is there something he can buy to bung this so the kitchen sink can still be used? It going to be out for a good week.

thanks

You could purchase a new trap for van stock and take out the blue bungs and use them in your Uncles.

Tim

click on http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/productlist.asp and scrole down to the bottom and click on the image of MA 15, it shows the blanking bit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back