Washing machine water valve leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We had a new washing machine installed few days ago and now got a problem with a leaky water valve :(

PIC : The water seems to be leaking very slowly from the bottom part of the valve where the red arrow is.

I’m not really a skilled DIY person but would rather sort this out myself... any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Here’s the pic.

6062E3B2-CFBA-496D-AFA9-37EF4645895E.jpeg

If as you say it is a slow drip a pair of grips on the white nut and a slight turn anti-clockwise just to nip up the connection may seal it. Sometimes the blue handle has to be removed to get the final bite.

>Just Pumps

Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried it... the area stayed dry for a couple of hours then unfortunately the water was back

Sponsored Links
Turn off the valve... Take it apart and inspect the washer inside the captive white nut. Remove it and check for debris/clean out/replace if necessary.

Also, double check exactly where the weep is coming from... It could be the spindle of the valve (where blue handle attaches) and be running down into the female nut... Or, even from the nut/olive at the back of the washing machine valve.

Turn the water off at either the isolation valve above or the blue handled valve, remove the hose and check the black washer for debris or damage.
Was typing this when post above came in

The top nut of that valve seems to have a bit of lime-scale both above and below it, so perhaps there was a dried-up leak there. Attaching the new hose could have disturbed the nut enough to re-start the old leak.

Thanks so much everyone who replied!!

The valve turned off for now hopefully to stop any more weeping. I’ll try all your suggestions tomorrow.

The top nut of that valve seems to have a bit of lime-scale both above and below it, so perhaps there was a dried-up leak there. Attaching the new hose could have disturbed the nut enough to re-start the old leak.

I think that's paste. But can't be sure. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back