Washing Machine won’t spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our Samsung Ecobubble has decided to stop working. It seems to fill and drain fine, but won’t go any further once it needs to spin.

It doesn’t sound very healthy.

I’ve uploaded a video here trying to run a calibration cycle so you can see/hear:

Does anyone know what this could be and if it’s worth repairing?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I don’t know how old it is but whenever we have had a machine wash but not spin, it’s always been the brushes. I’ve changed them three times on various Hotpoint models.

As Mottie said often brushes but new machines won’t spin with unbalanced loads so maybe reduce load .
Check machine is level .

As Mottie said often brushes but new machines won’t spin with unbalanced loads so maybe reduce load .
Check machine is level .
Now you say that, I remember I washed the big cushion from our dogs bed the other week. Well, I trod it clean in the bath, like treading grapes. Anyway, I wrung it out as best I could and put it in the machine to spin it out but all it did was go round and round really slow and would just not go into the spin mode. I had to soak a bath towel and bung that into the machine to get it to balance and that did the trick.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know what this could be and if it’s worth repairing?
Noise just sounds like the drain pump, nothing unexpected there.

Most new machines have induction motors, there are no brushes to change, and if it's not moving at all it's likely to be failed electronics on the PCB.
The days of cheap washing machine repair are over, just as with most other appliances.

Thanks for the replies.

It has now magically started working again.

Tried everything earlier and nothing worked. Just tried it again and it worked first time.

With most repairs, I tend to follow this flow-chart.

IMG_6068.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back