Wasps in the loft

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just spent some time in the loft, cleaning it a bit ready to store stuff. Saw and killed 4 wasps. Assume there must be a nest of sorts, but cannot seen anything. Do they nest in insulation? Is there anything that can be used to kill them without locating a nest?

Sponsored Links
There will be a nest up there somewhere. It will be a highly elaborate paper nest. We have had five so far since we have been in our house. I don't think there is anything you can do without knowing where the nest is. There are sprays available but they need to be used directly on the nest. Keep looking it will be there somewhere.

But if there is a nest, mightn't a queen be in there ready to lay a billion wasp eggs? All 4 were pretty big too, although I guess all those that survive will be bigger.

Sponsored Links
Wait until winter when the nest is dormant, then have a good look around for it.

Good thinking. It'll be more pleasant to work up there too. Maybe when i get the Christmas decorations....

Now that was damned interesting; I may have to change my view of wasps having read that

Sponsored Links
Back