Advice on getting rid of hornets / wasps needed

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I once got rid of an entire colony of hornets, using only a pair of chopsticks. Snap, snap, snap! One by one, all slaughtered.

I'm with joe, they are a pain in the arse but they are there for a reason and that's killing the bugs and insects that eat and harm our crops.

Reminds me when I was about 9 , saw the worlds largest conker in the garden next door. Jumped over the wall and landed on a wasps nest.

Made for an interesting screaming chase (Obviously me screaming).
Lesson learnt, look before you leap and dont trespass.

Had some bees under my shed last yr, just left them to it. You dont bother them they dont bother you.
Not my fave creatures after my experience, but am intelligent enough to know I had caused their anger.

If you have small children then have them removed professionally. Messing about with stuff you dont understand will be expensive and inadequate. Local councils offer a service, about £80 I think with a further one or two checks to be sure of eradication.

Had some bees under my shed last yr, just left them to it. You dont bother them they dont bother you.

Were these bumblebees? Good on yer for leaving them alone Alarm. I love to see bumblebees going about their business. Did you know , there is a stingless variety which you can safely pick up (they're not drones either) If you know which ones to look for, you can safely hold them gently between your fingers for a few minutes before letting them go.
A few years ago, I was round at my daughters, and when I was leaving, the grandkids followed me out to the car. I noticed a lavender bush in her front garden and there were a few of the stingless bees on it, so picked one gently up to show the kids. Fatal mistake really, showing young children the beauty of nature. About a minute later, one of them tried to pick a bee up. Sadly picking the wrong type. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Came away thinking the kids had now learn't a valuable lesson, although my daughter was non too happy. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Make sure it's not a honey bee nest. if it is I will come remove it for you.

If it was honey bees there would be more than 4 or 5 in the shed. :rolleyes:

Yeh, but he did mention a nest and said there was always 4 or 5 flying about. You do know how honey bees work don't you?
Indeed he did,but he said he was unwilling to see if there was a nest,and yes I'm well aware how bees work.

Sponsored Links
Back