Advice on getting rid of hornets / wasps needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've either got large wasps or hornets in my garden shed at the bottom of the garden and they terrify all of us. The shed is full of....well shed things so I'm unable / unwilling to see if I can find the nest but there must be one somewhere inside as there's always at least 4 or 5 of the critters flying around inside.

Can anyone recommend something that I can use to kill them all. Something I can open the shed door, quickly throw something in, close the door kinda thing?

Cheers
Dazz

Sponsored Links
If there are a number flying around its likely they have just woken up and are looking for a way out.Its only the queen wasp that survives the winter to start another colony.Not sure if its the same with Hornets.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

The shed door is ajar and therefore presents no real difficulty in them escaping in my opinion. They really are quite large which is why I think they are hornets and I remember seeing some months ago something around 3 inches in length....deffo not a wasp!

Sponsored Links
Something I can open the shed door, quickly throw something in, close the door kinda thing?

Cheers
Dazz

If you know were the nest is then at night when the chaps have all gone to bed. Dress up in a decorators overall and marigolds and get yourself a vacuum cleaner with the pipe on it. Suck up some wasp killer powder and then shove the pipe in to nest and wave it around a bit. I've never tried this so if you do it would you let me know how you get on. :LOL:

If that doesn't work then you get somebody to open the door and close it after you thrown in a bottle of petrol, unleaded is sufficient, with a lighted rag in the neck. Should do the trick. I do believe B&Q are doing a shed offer at the moment so it would be a good time to do it. :evil:

When the insects die out - so do humans.

Sponsored Links
Back