Waste pipe for mashing machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am in the process of converting part of the back of my garage into a utility room and this involves plumbing in a wahing machine. I have the water supply sorted and planned to run the waste into a standpipe which joings the waste from the utility room sink (via 40mm swept tee). the plan was for the 40 mm waste pipe to then go through the outer wall and run down the side of the house and break into the 1000mm soil pipe that runs down the back of the house See pic

I thought this would be no bother - but a glance at some related post mention building regs and it looks like you arent supposed to have branches longer than 3m and mine is a bit over 4mm? It wasnt clear if this only applied indoors as there was a lot of talk about venting ect.

Can anyone advise if my plan is ok or not or suggest a way around this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Apologies- I have to admit I have not read all of therules and the thing that I find confusing is the cross over of topics. I managed to get good but different answers from both posts.

I hope no one was hurt or offended by my actions and I promise never to do it again!

No worries but how are they different :confused: as far as I can see both threads give the same advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back