Waste pipe run too long

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read the notes on this site for drainage in the bathroom and see that a 38mm waste pipe run should not be more than 2.3m long.

Our bathroom is 3m x 4m with the 4m being the farthest point from the outside wall. To maximise this space it is essential to have a shower waste that is going to be about 3.6m from the outside.

Any suggestions for making this work more effectively please?

Sponsored Links
shower should be 42 mm, i would not worry as long as you have a fall to the outside,

you can only work with what you have. make sure you have an easy clean waste fitted incase you have to rod it later in life .

should be fine.

3m on a 40mm waste pipe.
but providing you have the fall correct it will be ok. and not through the joists.

42mm waste not in uk you won't.

Thanks guys. On its way to the outside it is going to pass a sink that I have yet to install. Can this be connected into the same pipe?

Sponsored Links
you can providing you have the right fall etc or it willbe coming up the shower tray or pulling the trap from the shower.

it should be measured internal
but as you say measure external they vary. which is what matters should all be the same size and inter changeable.

solvent wont fit push fit and visa versa, does not matter anyway 40mm is right.. god knows were i got 42 from lol.. i might of been thinking the size of the core i use. old age you know it comes to us all beware. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back