Waste pipe through floor - best approach?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With reference to the photos, I have solvent weld pipe coming out of the floor and need to adjust it as it is too far from the wall and will foul on the new units. Previously, they just hacked the units to get the pipework to fit!
First question is whether I should just move the pipe and bring it straight up out of the floor as they did previously, or alternatively use some form of connector that protrudes from the floor? Not sure of the advantage or disadvantage either way?
My other question is about pushing the pipe further towards the wall and into the recess (shown) and whether there are any reasons that I wouldn’t want to do this? It seems odd that they left the pipe so far from the wall in the first place and I can’t understand why it was done like that?
TIA

Attachments

• E1025237-DC3F-415F-A5FF-3A92C7893322.jpeg
    E1025237-DC3F-415F-A5FF-3A92C7893322.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 54AD5AD3-186B-49AE-B809-DBEC00D5045D.jpeg
    54AD5AD3-186B-49AE-B809-DBEC00D5045D.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
Cut below the floor level and extend back against the wall as much as possible. Maybe a sweep elbow, instead of a 90 degree bend, will help with the flow. The less bends the better the flow.

Cut below the floor level and extend back against the wall as much as possible. Maybe a sweep elbow, instead of a 90 degree bend, will help with the flow. The less bends the better the flow.
Yeah, that was what I was thinking of doing and bringing short piece of pipe out of the floor. Then use a union joint to connect to the pipework that will go to the basin, which itself will also be solvent weld. The thinking behind this is that any future changes above the floor will be very easy to do, and it will also facilitate rodding access, should it ever needed to be done.

Sponsored Links
You dont get much time when using solvent weld cement so best to have a dummy run on scrap pieces first. One trick is to mark both fitting and pipe where you want the fitting to end up. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back