Waste pipe under new extension.

elv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, i'm going to be getting my living room extended in what is now my garage, the mixed rain water and waste pipe runs under it approx 4' below the surface, what are the requirements for building over this, i do realise that the founds will have to have lintels over the pipe but someone told me that every pipe will have to be exposed and surrounded by concrete is this correct? I recall that the joints are already cemented over,I'm going to contact bouilding control but i was wondering if any of you have experience of this?

Ta in advance.

Sponsored Links
elv said:
i do realise that the founds will have to have lintels over the pipe but someone told me that every pipe will have to be exposed and surrounded by concrete is this correct?
Not heard of it, normally the pipe are buried in sand or pea shingles, to have it buried in concrete will do more damaged to the pipe because of soil movement.

Cheers for the reply, hopefully your right, i also thought that doing as suggested would do more damage than good not to mention the extra cost.

Ta v much

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back