Moving a waste drain and pipe for extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm in the process of buying a house with a 2.5m x2.5 kitchen but big garage. Intend to knock through to the garage and extend the garage out a couple of metres out past the house. Only problem is there is the waste pipe from the bathroom in the way. Can anyone see this as a big problem? its the pipe on the left on the below image.

Can this be moved without too much expense?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It can be moved but youll have talk to building regs/permission to see what they want.
in terms of the grunt work its abit of digging and moving pipes may need a new inspection chamber.....
are you doing it all your self or getting a builder in????
youll need building regs and a structural engineer to sort out your steels pads ect..... nice little job if you ask me done some bigger steel jobs then this....

best thing i can say is get your quotes in but keep a couple of grand aside for regs structural engineer and hick ups lol not that youll have any

Cheers for the response

I'm planning on doing most the digging myself but getting a pro in for rest. excuse the ignorance but what do you mean by steel pads?

Sponsored Links
Pad stone for the steel to sit on lol
best bit of advise is hire a cat scan before any digging start mark out all pipes cables ect then you can start opening up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back