Waste pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am going to look at a job tomorrow where they have a commercial washing machine connected to waste pump. Now, I've never looked at one before and this one has problems with the outlet side of the pump blowing off compression fittings. The outlet's 32mm to a non-return valve, then a 2m or so vertical run in 40mm, across the roofspace then drops down to an internal gulley.

It's only a few months old is working fine, just seems to have too much pressure for the compression fittings in the first metre or so of pipe. Is it ok to run the outlet pipework in normal solvent weld fittings in a rigid setup? The installer fitted one of those flexible connectors and a compression straight so was wondering if there's legislation saying there must be a flexible outlet of some sort as I can see no reason why it was done this way. Is the non-return valve too close to the pump causing a restriction?

Advice appreciated. :)

Sponsored Links
Just a thought but could the non-return valve be round the wrong way?

Compression fittings wont hold :eek: take a few jubilee clips with you to secure the flexible pipe to the plastic pipe.

It may be worth looking at swimming pool plumbing fittings instead of domestic waste fittings. They are a bit chunkier to cope with pumped water pressures, and usually use solvent weld or 'proper' pipe unions.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. The flexible fitting is compression at both ends so don't think jubilee clips will work, i'll just get rid of it and go solvent weld.

I'll check the non-return valve, always a possibility I guess!

Commercial recycling service grand rapids in commercial enterprise that is important because commercial waste makes up about 40 percent of whole community solid waste.
Would a 5,000 mile run of 40mm suffice, and how much do you charge to recycle BRITISH water. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back