Watch out China

Sponsored Links
No. I'm not a big fan. I have had a small bow window roof done once. Looked great.

OK ta, I was looking for tips, was going to put a polycarbonate roof on my lean to, but thinking longer term, might go for fibreglass on sterling board, bit worried about losing too much light though so probably could do with a skylight incorporated in it.

Sponsored Links
it's also a backlash against Globalisation

True but I've explained why things are globalised. Bluntly if we did make everything here fine provided wage, raw material costs, rates, corp tax and etc was added to the price and we all earned enough to buy the stuff including the people who were making things :) Sounds like a ratchet to me that goes up all on it's own for ever. Or we could introduce a sub class of people. Keep them in herds, bread them at the right rate and just feed them. We already have a subclass of sorts, most of us. Bit of a problem that as they need to keep buying things to keep the economy running.

There are other forms of globablisation as well. Some a bit like Cadbury. A large USA company can borrow enough money to buy it up. Another sort is some company actually growing significantly and some other company wanting that market so again they buy it up and may even shut it completely.

OK ta, I was looking for tips, was going to put a polycarbonate roof on my lean to, but thinking longer term, might go for fibreglass on sterling board, bit worried about losing too much light though so probably could do with a skylight incorporated in it.

:) :) Better still block off all windows and live in the dark as some do in an odd sort of way.

Best ask that question in the correct diy section.

Considered EPDM? And yes i would add a skylight sounds much better. Fck using polycarbonate once it gets dirty etc.

Considered EPDM? And yes i would add a skylight sounds much better. Fck using polycarbonate once it gets dirty etc.

I think I prefer the look of fibreglass to be honest, haven't done it before, but, what could possibly go wrong?(y)

I think I prefer the look of fibreglass to be honest, haven't done it before, but, what could possibly go wrong?(y)

My only tip for GRP is obvious i know just make sure all roof materials are completely dry to prevent blisters forming later.

Id choose EPDM over GRP for ease.

GRP is messy and can go wrong if the detail is wrong -for example; it can crack or make loud noises if expansion details are not done correctly (IE isolate from the house etc).

Sponsored Links
Back