water bubbling up from kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope somebody can help, I am getting a very loud bubbling sound from my kitchen sink. It drains ok but when not in use I hear a loud bubbling noise, when I look into it, I can see water just spitting out (up) from the plug hole. It lasts about 10 seconds then the water in the plughole drains away. Happening most evenings. I live on a ground floor flat, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like there is a blockage in the drains, discharges from upper floors are displacing trapped air in the pipework, which is venting via your sink. I'd get the system checked out before it gets any worse. Hazard of a ground floor flat, if the drains block up and upstairs lets a bath go, then it will find the next lowest point of exit, usually the ground floor flat's WC....

Thank you so should I contact Thames water to clear the main drains?

Sponsored Links
Sorry also if it is a blockage in the drains why do my baths and sinks in bathroom drain fine. Also my kitchen sink also drains ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back