Bubbling noise from kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning

I would appreciate some advice. A few weeks ago I heard a faint bubbling sound come from the kitchen sink. To be honest, as I didn't hear it again I thought I had imagined it. However, this morning, the noise was so loud I was woken up by it. It did it again around 30 minutes later.

I live in a large block of flats and had not run any water or flushed the toilet in my flat for many hours so am presuming that this is from water being run away in another flat and the air escaping into mine. Does this sound like a correct assumption?

Also, should I contact a plumber or would it be the building management company? I'm not sure if it is a problem with my pipes or an overall issue. I don't have any other problems in my flat. All of the flats in the block are privately owned and I am an owner-occupier so do not want a large plumbing bill if it isn't my issue.

I would appreciate some help if you have any ideas.

Many thanks

Beaker

Sponsored Links
It sounds like a design fault and you have siphonage problems.
This could be related a common waste pipe being used and air being drawn in to it by waste water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back