Water cistern regulations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone please tell me on the regulations on old asbestos water tanks, cisterns in the loft do they have to be replace by the law.Or if they are still in good condition are they ok for heating expansion tank and cold feed for hot water tank.

Sponsored Links
Just don't drill holes in them !. I have one left in my loft ( replaced by plastic ) when I get a combi I will leave the asbestos one there and paint it all over to seal it.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks for reply’s I just wondered as a friend has one but on closer inspection I think the expansion cistern is a grey hard plastic or fibre glass material and the cold supply tank is asbestos.shes thinking of having boiler replaced just wondered if it was a legal requirement to have these changed.I don’t think the black plastic ones would have such a long life span.thanks for reply’s.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back