Water collection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently had to dig to sort out some new fence posts in an area of my garden, the gravel boards needed to go down about 100m so ground seen in pics needs to raise up a bit. Also ive not replaced a shed load of shingle my lovely neighbour had covering the pipe that drains off.

I must have had about 25mm of rain in the last two days, but I've noticed a lot of water accumulation in an area. The corner section I've put about 2inches of postCrete down to support the gravel board a bit so this isn't a full hole.

Is this a concern and could I do anything about it in reality or will it be less noticeable after I've revelled the soil?

20220226_172611-3.jpg 20220311_145541.jpg 20220311_145530.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's normal for the soil to be waterlogged at this time of year, depending if you're on clay or not and the slopes, it can actually come up across your garden.
Generally the less paving and concrete in the area, the more it will absorb into the ground and the less it will v build up, but what you've got doesn't look like a concern to me.

Cheers, we are clay base and soil not the most absorbent. I'll keep an eye on it once its all finished and levelled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back