Water coming up between grouting - bathroom floor tiles

Thoroughly dry the floor then lay toilet paper in a "X" pattern corner to corner and see if a path can be worked out it may be just running to the lowest point fully on top off the tiles??
you can remove any dry paper and concentrate on the know wet area possibly working in quarters till you rule out all areas

Sponsored Links
I had a better look behind the toilet yesterday as it's a concealed cistern and it looks like waters originating there. It is pooling in front of the toilet too.

I'll remove the cabinet and get a better look. I imagine it's the water feed pipe not sealing into the toilet bowl. I hope anyway! Easy fix.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Annoyingly when the cabinet was fitted the waste pipe and inlet was fed through holes instead of a slot in the cabinet front. When I changed the cistern it meant getting it as tight as possible blindly, which clearly wasn't that tight.

This time I had to either remove the waste, or cut the cabinet. I cut the cabinet.

20240405_161514.jpg

Found that the seal for the inlet wasn't in properly and had bunched up on the seal into the toilet. I also was able to get the nuts tighter into the cistern itself.

Did this last night and the floors drying up already so I'm hoping this was the issue!

Sponsored Links
If the water is coming UP through the tile joints, it can't be due to water leakage from pipes BELOW the floor (unless of course the leak is so bad its spraying the underneath of the floor boards - which seems very unlikely). So I agree with Koolpc - it's likely to be the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back